Kids License Monitor – the results of the wave II / 2018 are now available!
You want up-to-date data of children’s licenses? In this case the Kids License Monitor is exactly what you need. Quarterly a varying set of licenses are assessed by 4- to 12-year-olds in the European key markets UK, France, and Germany.
Wave II/2018 can be ordered as of now.
Once again, a mix of new entries as well as classic licenses has been included – this time 71 different licenses. See here which licenses were covered in the current and the previous waves. Additionally the children’s favorite licenses were surveyed unprompted. Each wave offers a complete overview of the top licenses in the markets. These data are based on the results of the Kids License Monitors’ past three waves.
Your license has not been part of the study?
Then have it integrated into the following wave.
LIMA-Members are entitled to a 49 % discount on a yearly subscription and a 45 % discount on each single wave of the Kids License Monitor.
Study details of the Kids License Monitor:
- Methodology: Online Study
- Sample size: n = 1275 children aged 4 to 12 years
(more than n=400 per country)
- Fieldtime: May, 18th to June 3rd 2018
- Selection of licenses by the editors of the leading licensing magazines in Europe: Total Licensing (UK), Kazachok (F), and Licensing Press (GER).
- Alternating set of licenses in each wave
- Mix of national and international licenses
- Covered variables for each included license:
- Basic indicators such as awareness, appeal, and ownership
- Visibility and ownership of products
- Market status: diagnostic information such as the license’s hype value
- Category fit: Suitability for in-home and
- Market segmentation: High potential licenses,
cash cows and niche licenses.
- Favorite licenses (unprompted)
- NEW: The graphic display of the top 10 results refer to all licences covered in the Kids License Monitor during the past 6 months
Contact: Sonja Schwarzer
Kids License Monitor : « C’est un truc de filles »
Les lois du marché des enfants sont également valables dans le secteur licences pour enfants : les thèmes numéro un du marché sont soit des thèmes classiques unisexes, ou bien ils s’adressent en premier lieu aux garçons. Un thème qui s’adresse exclusivement aux filles par contre a nettement plus de mal à se hisser dans le top 10 des licences les plus marquantes, du point de vue des enfants. C’est ce qu’illustrent à la perfection les tous nouveaux résultats du Kids License Monitor d’iconkids & youth mené en Allemagne, en France et au Royaume-Uni auprès des enfants de 4 à 12 ans.
Kids License Monitor: „This is only for girls“
The principles of the children’s market also apply to the specific children’s licensing market: The major topics in the market are either classical unisex topics or mainly addressing boys. A topic clearly addressing girls is much more unlikely to make it into the top 10 of the children’s hype licenses. This is once again shown by the results of the current wave of the Kids License Monitor conducted in Germany, France and the UK among kids aged 4 to 12 by iconkids & youth.